A decade ago, it would have been hard to convince the average man to use more than a single block of soap to look after himself from top to toe. Today, a daily personal care routine is becoming more the norm, with a variety of new, sophisticated grooming products launching every year. Although we have them, do we know what we’re doing with them? Vaasara has put together a definitive guide to shape your beard the best way possible.
To put it succinctly: Shaping your beard takes patience, yet yields incredible results, and will make you look instantly more handsome. Learning how to shape a beard is an art that requires discipline and plenty of experimentation. Since every beard is special, there is no one set of rules that applies to finding the best beard style for you. For year-round care, we’ve compiled thoughts on shaping shorter, cooler beards and managing longer beards over time, too.
- If you’re going to rock a beard, you could consider longer locks. While a close-cropped beard looks just fine with short hair, a long beard with short hair might not be the best fit for your look. Your beard has to be in proportion to the hair on your head.
- For men with wider cheekbones and a pointier chin, you can’t go wrong with a beard stache. Grow a full mustache with beard and stubble, while keeping the bottom of your facial hair short to balance out your prominent chin.
- If you’re blessed with a chiseled jawline, accentuate it even further with a circle beard, which can also elongate your chin and balance out your face’s square proportions.
- Growing out a full, lengthy beard is a great way to elongate your mug, which is great for men with rounder or heart-shaped faces. Make sure to keep the sides short to maximize your beard’s lengthening appearance. An oval face is the easiest shape to work with since it works with almost any beard style.
- You can’t go wrong with a full beard, keeping both sides bushy while keeping the bottom shorter for a voluminous finish. When trying to trim your beard for these face shapes, make sure to keep the sides short, and shape the bottom more rounded to soften your mug’s angles and help your face appear fuller.
We know you can’t wait! Book your appointment on the Vaasara app right now to experience the best beard grooming.
Your email address will not be published.